Saturday, November 16, 2013

Querceto Chianti Classico Riserva 2007 wine review by (PB)

Black cherry hue with a bouquet of Daffodil, black cherry, earthy, and forest floor.

Palate--Integrated, balanced, nuanced black licorice, dark berry fruit with slightly chewy tannic finish and a hint of smoke.

2007 was a superior year for Chianti and this wine is always a good example of both the grape (Sangiovese) and terroir. A state liquor store has been running a great sale on this wine for several months and I keep grabbing a couple bottles when I am through this particular state. I found this for $14 but expect pay nearly twice that. Never-the-less, having been to Greve, Italy I am transported back to the time and place with my daughter and her husband (NW) of this blog. We raised a glass then and I'll raise one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment