Monday, September 23, 2013

Novelty Hill "Royal Slope White" Stillwater Creek Vineyard" 2010 wine review by (PB)

Delicate pale yellow hue with aromas of vanilla, ripe apple, sweet perfumed and slightly powdery bouquet with the presence of a tropical fruit melange.

Palate--Very structured and well integrated wine with exotic fruit none of which I can really put a single ID on. I was stumped as to the composition of this wine as was my wife. Turns out it is a blend of 2/3 Viognier then Roussanne, Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. This explains the bouquet and why I couldn't put my finger on a specific fruit(s) on the palate. Perhaps this is why this wine, which sells for $19, was reduced at a state store to $10.

At $10 this Washington State wine (Columbia Valley) is a really nice wine and quite delicious and I would raise several glasses if I had more at that price!

No comments:

Post a Comment