Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Viu Manent Cabernet Sauvignon Reserva 2012 wine review by (PB)

Garnet hue with a unique bouquet which, if I were tasting this blind would be tempted to think it a white wine and a S. Blanc at that! This bouquet has a spicy/grassy green peppery front with sweet berry fruit away from the rim.

Palate--This is not your typical Chilean (Colchagua) Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a green front with spicy light berry flavors which defy the grape. If I were tasting this blind I would be stumped.

The label's tasting notes bear no resemblance to reality but don't let that distract you from trying this wine. The folks at Viu Manent know how to make Cab Sauv. and while this one is atypical, I like it and is intriguing! At $ raise a glass! And for my friend Tom, a budding oenophile, I totally understand your comments "if" this was even the same wine you were talking about, but again, while atypical, it is a solid wine with much to commend it! I say, raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment