Friday, July 12, 2013

Rosenblum Rockpile Rd Zinfandel (Rockpile Road Vineyard) 2006 wine review by (PB)

Surprisingly aged looking presentation with browning at the rim! Ridiculously awesome raspberry and strawberry bouquet on opening which disappears with some airtime. Now what remains is big mocha black raspberry/black berry and cigar box with a melange of exotic spices and a trace of fresh raspberry right on the end of a glorious bouquet!

Palate--Plush mouth feel with big thick extracted hyper-fruity and jammy blackberries and wild spicy foliage. Nice berryful finish.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! THIS is why I drink wine. This wine is peak right now and yet the flavor does not reveal any aging commensurate with the wine's color. By the color I would say drink this NOW; by the palate I would say drink this wine now but it should be outstanding for another couple 3 years.

At any rate-- this Rosenblume single vineyard Zin will set you back about $35 but oh my oh my, you are worth it! I will be enjoying this with a grilled thick T-bone split with my wife and grilled new potatoes with fennel pollen. I am delirious with anticipation! Raise a glass--YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment