Tuesday, February 05, 2013

*RingBolt Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 wine review by (PB)


***This Margaret River Aussie Cab is deep garnet in its presentation with aromas that are predominantly "green" and sprucey as in "tree." There seem to be blackberry fruit aromas trying to fight their way out of a "green" assault with a subtle chocolate presence in the rear. Finishes with a fleeting touch of smoke.

Palate-- Again, the "green" predominance carries through to the front palate with an awkward unbalanced foundation where trace fruit and clumsy mouth feel presents a less than appealing wine. If this wine were at the $10 price point I would call it run of the mill. At the $17 price point, do not raise a glass, just give it a pass!

***After a couple hours of air this wine takes on a different attitude. It is actually fairly pleasant and while I don't think it is a $17 Cab it is certainly OK for the price. So I changed my mind and raise a glass but let it breathe!

*Real time review! Normally I would append my review and publish only the final assessment. but this one I leave so that you can learn the importance of giving a wine some time to pen up. It can make a big difference! Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment