Saturday, December 31, 2011

Perrier Jouet "Fleur De Champagne" Brut 2002 wine review by (PB)


Amber hue with streaming, fine, pin-prick bubbles with nutty notes.

Palate--Bone dry, crisp acidity, very light and nuanced with a certain elegance and green apple notes. Most remarkably, this Champagne has a finish that just hangs on and on.

Champagne lovers might cringe at my review of this wine. this is a premier bubbly that runs in the $100-$140 price range. Needless-to-say this wasn't on my dime. Billy of this blog has a thing for Champagne and any self-respecting oenophile would say the same. But my palate just has some kind of a blank when it comes to Champagne. I enjoy it, don't get me wrong but I just can't come up with all the nuances and appreciation for bubbly that I can for still wines. So, this is not the review you want to look at if you have some serious coin to blow on a sparkler from France. In the words of Clint Eastwood (Dirty Harry) "A man's got know his limitations!" Raise a glass and thanks "Billy!" Anytime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment