Saturday, June 18, 2011

Domaine La Tour Vielle Banyuls 2006 review by (PB)


Mature garnet hue with black cherry, port like aromas of prunes but shallow though nice.

Palate--Sweet of course, again shallow but decent structure though fruit and flavor is lacking all around.

Banyuls is a fortified (dessert) wine made from Grenache that has similar qualities to port wine but of course is not port. so perhaps this is not a good example; I don't know as this is my first Banyuls and it was not impressive especially at the $25 price tag for a 500ml bottle.

So perhaps I will give another a try but like you all, I work for a living and my wine expenditures are valuable to me. You hate throwing away good money on a marginal creation which is why we taste and review for you! Hopefully we save you the bad experiences so don't raise a glass of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment