Thursday, August 05, 2010

Owen Roe Ex Umbris Syrah 2008 Wine Review (NW)




Tasting notes:

Wild berries and layers of spices on the nose

Full bodied and richly textured on the palate

Long finish of wild berries, licorice, and vanilla with a fine texture throughout

Summary:

When I flew out to Seattle two weeks ago to climb Mt. Rainier, I sampled a number of Washington state wines that I don't see near me in the Northeast. Occasionally, I'll spot an Owen Roe wine on a restaurant wine list, but not very often. As a result, I was quick to pick up this bottle and share with a friend.

While this is a very flavorful Syrah from a renowned producer, the most remarkable thing about this wine is the incredible texture. It's both rich and finely textured, especially on the long finish. If you can find it for sale, you'll probably spend about $24. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment