Friday, April 02, 2010

Brancaia Tre Toscana 2007 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Raspberry, black cherry, herbs, and spice on the nose

Finely textured and smooth on the palate

Firm finish of raspberry and cocoa

Summary:

This wine has received some high aclaim, particularly at its $20 price point. While it's definitely better than the past vintages I've had, it doesn't seem to have the depth and complexity of Brancaia's other super-Tuscans. I will say this: it does have a decent flavor profile and really nice texture. Also, it should cellar well. I'm not buying a case, but I did buy a couple extra bottles to lay down for a while. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. I recently posted a review of the 2002, and also included a link to the 2004 which we previously had reviewed. That review can be found at -> http://www.obrientastings.com/2010/03/2002-bran-caia-tre.html

    I am somewhat surprised that you have not found older vintages to be so good but that is what makes this so much fun :-)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete