Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rosenblum 2006 "Limited Release" wine review by (PB)

I am out of town on business and pleasure and saw this in a store I dropped into. Since I don't see this wine in my neck of the woods and Rosenblum puts out good wine at all price points, I thought I would see what this had to offer since it is 75% Zinfandel, 14% Carignane (pronounced car-een YAN) and 11% Petite Sirah.

It presents with a black cherry hue of some depth, with ripe plum, blackberry, strong cola notes. So far the wine has my attention.

Palate--presents with a popular "sweeter" palate impression with slight cocoa or mocha mid palalte and plenty of fruit. It is a tad hot though yet finishes with more cola and cocoa.

While the review seemed positive to this point there is a problem with this wine. It seems confused as to what it is supposed to taste like and it just doesn't come together. Even at $13 it was a disappointment. I would raise a glass of something "real."

Sorry no label available

No comments:

Post a Comment