Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sean Minor "4B" Sauvignon Blanc 2008 wine review by (PB)


Please note--This varietal was sent to us--free of charge--for review.

Light golden hue presentation with nice bouquet of pineapple life savers, green apple and pear with sweet powdery fruit.

Palate--as a matter of preference, the foundation of this wine is a little flaccid but then I like razor sharp acidity in my whites. Beyond that however, there are nice grassy Sauvignon B. flavors on an off-dry foundation with a nice peary finish that has some staying power.

This is a more relaxed style of Sauvignon Blanc and for me, works better with food than solo. I paired it with a nice seafood soup I whipped up on a chilly Friday evening. It was a very nice pairing. A solid well made wine from Sonoma grapes and at $13, raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment