Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pigmentum Malbec 2005 wine review by (PB)


This Malbec from Cahors France has a fairly intense and slightly opaque garnet hue. Bouquet has some solid aromas of dark berry fruit and a little spice and a slight hint of mint and just a touch of leather.

Palate-- Somewhat startling first impression of being watery in texture, a little sour, big minerally tastes; bready notes, scant fruit, a bitter finish and tannins that are assaulting. This wine is acidic and needs yet more time to develop.

It seems to have potential but it is NOT yet ready to drink! Give this wine another good year and it may be surprising. *Raise a glass of something else in the meantime!

*After this wine had two good hours of breathing it was changing. It was nearly offensive on first opening but as time went on I found myself pouring it over and over again into my glass. By the time I was done with dinner, this wine was really quite engaging. So I'll back track what I said above and say rather to give it plenty of time to breahte--at least two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment