Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 wine review by (PB)


My beloved picked this up at the store and when I read the label--an Argentinian Cabernet--I was scratching my head. Argentina is MALBEC not Cabernet Sauvignon. Well.......................
It has a nice black cherry color with bright lively fruit and a solid Cabernet nose of spicy ripe black cherry with slight perfumy rear with a sweet fragrance.

In the mouth it is down right varietal with a popular sweet palate that is flavorful and quite tasty with a nice finish. At the $10 price point I was pleasantly surprised by this Argentinan Cab. It is a "buy more" wine and one of the best $10 Cabs I have had in a long time so raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    We also picked up a bottle of the 2006 Dona Paula Los Cardos Cabernet Sauvignon. It was purely on a whim since my sweetheart's name is Paula. How pleasantly surprised we were to find its deep ruby color and full-bodied flavor in such a reasonably priced wine. We will buy our next sample of this product by the case!

    ReplyDelete