Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2007 Wine Review (NW)



Tasting notes:

Bright nose of lemon, lime, and wet stones

Citrus on the palate

Finish of cut grass, lime, and grapefruit

This is a nice wine. It has the crisp citrus flavors that are expected from a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, but also an undertone of wet stones.

My sister shared this bottle with my wife and me, and she commented that it was the most flavorful dry wine she had ever tasted. I think that's a terrific description. I'm curious to see if other wines from the 2007 vintage in New Zealand have this dryness and undertone of minerals or stones.

I overpaid for this wine at $19. You should pay more like $15-16. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. You ought to try the 2006- that one was dramatically more sweet and fruity than the 2007.

    ReplyDelete