Saturday, June 09, 2007

Villaroya De La Sierra Calatayud Garnacha 2004 wine review by (PB)



This Spanish Grenache has a wild cherry hue and a thickish bouquet of pepper, and licorice with red berries on top of dark berries.

Palate is a little hot and bit tannic yet hints of interesting flavors of various spices come to mind with a smoky finish. This wine has some zing to it and is interesting yet not completely pleasant to drink. It could be the style which I tend to think it is but as a Grenache fan, I look for something fruitier and simpler without competing stimuli. It's okay but I wouldn't get it again. I am not certain, but I think I paid around $8 it. For the price I would rather try the "Sideshow" line of wines (Namely; The Contortionist) with their style of Grenache (blend) described above. Raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment