Friday, June 01, 2007

Sebastiani Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon 2002 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Rich nose of black cherry, cola, and vanilla
Blackberry fruit on the palate
Finishes with berries and more vanilla

I cellared this for two years, assuming it would maintain its character and become even smoother and more integrated. As far as I can tell, that's exactly what's happening. I have about a half case still, and will probably pull a bottle every six months or so to try it. It's really a nice wine and is worth every penny.

The other two vintages I've tried are 2001 and 2003. It seems to be a pretty consistent wine and I recommend it when looking for a Sonoma County Cab. With rich flavors and a smooth texture, it's a wine you can grab at the store on your way home for dinner and enjoy it that evening. Typically priced around $16, I spotted it for just $12 and bought almost a case. Raise a glass to that!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Agree completely with your review. Excellent value, and I usually get a few raised eyebrows and wows from my friends. Great nose, long finish, big fruit. Very nice bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete