Friday, June 15, 2007

Eberle Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2004 Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Rich nose of black cherry, wild red berries, toasty oak, and vanilla
Smooth texture with some earthiness and mushrooms on the palate
Smooth finish with more cherry, plum, and vanilla

This is a softer, smoother style of Cabernet, but very representative of the Cabs of Paso Robles, CA. I highly recommend it when you're looking for this style. What's particularly nice is that the cherry, vanilla, and toasty oak that are typical of softer Cabs are also complimented here by a more earthy layer that adds depth.

Eberle make some nice wines. They are now on my list of wineries who's wine I grab any time I see it. I paid $20 for this bottle at a store that's off the beaten path for me. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment