Friday, June 01, 2007

Domaine Alain Michelot Bourgogne 1997 Wine Review (Blind Tasting with PB- posted by NW)

Tasting notes:

Light brick red and browning at the edges
Very faint aromas on nose of watermelon and flowers
Racy core of acid, light-bodied
Light finish, slightly bitter

This wine is past its prime. Not only is it faded, it doesn't even taste very good. I supplied it for the tasting, so I suspected this was the ten-year-old Burgundy that just didn't make it. Oh well, not every bottle is a winner, especially when you tuck it away for a while.

I paid $15 for this, marked down from $19. I'd like my money back please! It was clearly the worst wine in the blind tasting of three. The weak flavor profile and thin texture put it on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Langmeil Shiraz posted below. Raise a glass of that instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment