Friday, June 15, 2007

Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir 2005 Wine Review (NW)


Tasting notes:

Fragrant nose of exotic red berries and grapefruit
Moderately plush core
Finishes with some plum, peppery spice, and more grapefruit

Yes, I really did write grapefruit. That threw me off for a while, until I asked my wife if she tasted anything unexpected. She said "grapefruit" right away, too. It makes this wine interesting, and keeps it light and elegant.

I enjoyed it as a change of pace. I don't think I have anything else in the cellar that would taste quite like this wine. After all, that's the beauty of wine- it offers so many different interpretations.

A local butcher has a wine section and just got a case of this in. I paid $20. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment