Saturday, May 26, 2007

Sauvignon Republic Cellars Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2005 Wine Review (Number 6 in Flight- NW)

Tasting notes:

Fresh blast of citrus on the nose
Lively, fruity palate of lychee
Crisp, grassy finish

While tasted blind, I knew right away I was drinking a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. They are very distinct wines. This label, however, I was surprised to see. I hadn't seen it before in the New Zealand aisle. Apparently, they are producers of at least three Sauvignon Blancs sourced from different parts of the world, and they're Russian River Valley bottling from California has garnered good reviews.

This New Zealand effort is just right. Priced at about $15, it's right in the middle of the pack.

Number 6 of flight: lively, fruity, and a little pizazz- I'd buy it again. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment