Saturday, May 12, 2007

Canei Lambrusco Dell'Emilia NV Wine Review (NW)

Tasting notes:

Light fizz fades away
Bright strawberry nose
Moderately sweet palate
Peppery on the finish

With summer-like weather in May, we enjoyed dinner on the deck and popped open a bottle of...Lambrusco. Well, it was more of joke that I even bought the bottle. Is it really even wine? Actually, for all the hubbub about Ruinite selling 10 million cases a year in the 1980's, this is still a legitimate wine from a beautiful village in Italy.

At just $4 and 9% alcohol, it went fast. Summer is on it's way! Raise a glass!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love the oppurtunity that we have now a days to pick and choose where we want to go from visually seeing everything on the web! I mean I am quite new to the whole blogging game, but its really fun and interesting! I mean look at what we run into?!?
    Blogs like these that I just have to comment on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I tried Lambrusco Rose my friend brought a bottle round to the flat one night. I had, had the white Lambrusco, but never the rose so was quite eager to try it. The first time I tasted it I thought wow it tastes remarkably like ribena. It was very sweet, but not unpleasant. When drinking the smell really was distinct. It had a really sweet smell or (nose) as the experts say! I've always liked lambrusco anyway.I like to drink wine with my Cuban cigars.I buy my Cigars Online.

    ReplyDelete