Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bourgogne Pinot Noir 1997 wine review by (PB)

This was one of (NW's) contributions to the tasting and was obviously an aged wine on the pour with an amber rim and cherry red core. The bouquet was unique with cedar and dark cassis with something sweet, and elegant that eludes description. It reminded me of a Madeira.

In the mouth though the wine was lifeless and yet it had a back bone that showed vestiges of complexity but was shallow and somewhat tannic. There was little fruit present and finished with charcoal flavors. I wrote--"Blah!"

Now--when I bought the Lynch Bages, it was under less than ideal storage conditions and I was skeptical of whether it would hold up as a result. I thought this was the Lynch Bages. I would find out how wrong I was. This was the Nuit St. Georges (NW) brought, from Domaine Alain Michelot. The wine was shot, bu tmust have been quite nice in its day!

No comments:

Post a Comment