Saturday, May 26, 2007

Adelsheim Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2005 Wine Review (Number 4 in Flight- NW)


Tasting notes:

Nose is fragrant, showing lead pencil and violets
Plum and cherry on the palate
Elegant, balanced finish with more cherry and some spices

At first, I incorrectly guessed this to be a Cabernet Franc because I smelled lead pencil shavings on the nose. When it turned out to be a Pinot Noir, though, I wasn't all that surprised. It had other nice layers and just enough complexity to make it stand out in the pack.

I've had this wine several times, but had never tasted it blind. It was good to see it stand out in the flight- clearly the best red! At $25, it also turned out to be the most expensive.

Number 4 in flight: Well-made, somewhat complex- I'd buy it again. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment