Monday, March 26, 2007

Benuara Cusumano 2005 wine review by (PB)


This is a Sicilian blend of Nero D’Avola and Syrah and it is a really interesting wine. In the glass it is a beautiful deep cherry red which you just don’t expect and the bouquet is wonderful yet I had a difficult time pinning down a description. I think there is some caraway and floral aromas with a fleeting come what milk choclatey under layer.

In the mouth, it is obviously a nicely made wine with rich flavors of dark berries but that doesn’t do it justice. It is just nice with an under layer of dark baker’s chocolate. This wine is unique and hard to describe it but I like it! I was at (NW’s) and we had it with a nice dish of risotto and chicken breasts courtesy of my daughter. At $16, raise a glass all the way around!

No comments:

Post a Comment