Thursday, December 07, 2006

Storybrook Mountain Vineyards 2002 Napa Zinfandel Review by Billy

Nose: Tight, berryfruit, slight rasin, almost but not quite jammy.
Palate: acidic which is nice. The mouth feel is "wet" and liquid - to me a sign of a lack of body. Not very dry which is ok but not great for a napa zin.
Finish: dryness appears at the back of the tongue and on the finish. there is some green stemmy hints that linger.

Overall I was unimpressed with my first selection. I'm a big fan of California Zinfandel (the Cline Ancient Vine Zins from 2003 - 2005 are some one of my favorites) but the 2002 Storybrook Mountain Vineyards Zinfandel was slightly limp and flacid and only a so-so.

This zin from the Mayacamas Range in Napa listed for about $56 a bottle at the restaurant where I had it. For the price, even in Manhattan, you can do better.

Still, Raise a Glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment