Saturday, December 09, 2006

Feudo Arancio Nero D’Avola 2004 wine review by (PB)

I am sitting doing one of my favorite things–I am reading a great wine magazine–The Wine Enthusiast in this case–while reviewing this wine. This issue of the W.E. happens to be the top 100 wines of 2006.

I’ll explain as I go along; I have liked everyone of the last three years of this wine by this producer yet it’s been ages since I have put a wine in the recommended category on our side bar. As I am tasting this wine, I am saying to myself, this wine is clearly a SUPER value wine that will make our recommended wine list. AS I am writing my review, I turn the page in the W.E. to the “Top 100 Best Buys” of 2006. Guess what wine makes #18 scoring 88 points? You guessed it; THIS wine. And I paid only $6 for it at Kappy’s (a chain in Boston) on a recent visit to (NW).

This wine is a pretty cherry red with bready notes in the bouquet with plenty of fresh red fruit and a nose with a touch of spice? Eucalyptus? And definitely licorice!

In the mouth right on opening this wine is well made with a slightly sweet impression with loads of fruit, cedar notes, and fine tannins. It is nice right now!

With some air, it gets only better. It is still bready with gobs of fruit, nice structure, and is just a plain GOOD wine. I have to buy a load of this and I suggest you do the same! Now raise a glass and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment