Saturday, July 15, 2006

Martin Schaetzel Vin D'Alsace Pinot Blanc 2003 Wine Review (NW)

Nose of pears and apples
Smooth, light, and dry on the palate
Classy, dry finish

This wine needs to be well chilled. When it is, there's a nice crispness to it. It's a cuvee reserve wine and cost me $14. I hadn't seen it before, but was keeping my eyes open for Pinot Blanc in this price range. There are some good offerings in the $10-15 price range from Alsace and I recommend this as good buy. Raise a glass!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM

    I sell Schaetzel in Illinois to restaurants and retail shops, so I'm a bit biased, but if you are intrested, I have a history of the domain and the area along with extensive notes from conversations with winegrower Jean Schaetzel available at : www.candidwines.com/martinschaetzel.html.

    Cheers

    Damien

    ReplyDelete