Monday, April 24, 2006

Chateau Clos De Latour 2002 wine review by (PB)

On the trip to Boston to see (NW) we had to stop at Kappy’s, a chain of liquor stores with a substantial wine selection. I grabbed a pair of Bordeaux wines that were priced $11 a piece or two for $20. One of my grabs was this wine from the 02 vintage declared to be a vintage of mixed results but with some pretty fine wines.

This bargain wine is a solid cherry color on the pour with fruity bouquet of dark berries and a nose of sweet fruit (cherries?) In the mouth this wine is balanced, well made, structured, with some nice green pepper notes, firm tannins and old world character. With an hour of breathing (recommended) this wine is lighter in body with subtle chocolate and licorice notes.

If I lived in the Boston area, I would be back to Kappy’s buying a few more bottles of this very nice value wine. My wife loved it and the bottle is empty. So raise a glass of this recommended wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment