Monday, March 13, 2006

La Vieille Ferme 2003-magnum wine review by (PB)

Speaking of bottle variation, (check out the previous entry) this is a re-review of a wine I evaluated a while back. This however was a magnum (2 bottle size). I liked it better than the previously reviewed same wine I rated some time ago.

This Rhone red is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Carignan, and Cinsault grapes giving off a fruity bouquet just sitting in the glass after pouring. It has nice light fruit and spice notes with a back bone that is surprisingly tannic and raspberries galore.. It finishes with light strawberries.

After an hour or so, there is another layer of prunes both in the nose and on the palate. A nice value at $8 for this two bottle, bottle. I paired it with a full blown Turkey dinner; not because I thought it would be a great pairing–it wasn’t; but because I wanted to try the wine. Raise a glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment