Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fusee Chardonnay 2003 Wine Review (NW)

Lemon cream and melon on the nose
Lively core and enough acidity
Not much finish, but tapers effectively

Well, maybe it is possible to make a good Chardonnay for under $5. I was first intrigued by the Fusee label when I found it in a local liquor store bargain bin. After discovering that it's a project of Don Sebastiani & Sons, I decided to give the wine a try. I've had the Cabernet Sauvignon, which is actually drinkable at $4. This Chardonnay isn't bad either, also priced at $4.

What a bargain! And an interesting thing happened- I had half a bottle left over and put it in the fridge. Due to travel plans and other distractions, neither my wife or I had a chance to finish the last glass for two weeks. Amazingly, two weeks later, the wine actually tasted fresh and enjoyable. Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment