Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc 2004 Review (PB)

I tried this wine earlier in the Summer when I found it in a half bottle for $11.00. I was not impressed with it even though Wine Spectator gave it an 87 I believe. I found it in a full bottle a couple weeks ago for $12 for twice the amount of wine as in the half bottle.

This wine is straw colored with a very nice S. Blanc bouquet of grass, grapefruit and citrus. Quince and Lychee are prominent on the nose... Okay, I lied about the quince and Lychee; I’ve never even seen a Lychee fruit whatever it is and I have had a quince recently it was just sort of a plain sour piece of pithy stuff.

Anyway, this is a nice fragrant wine that impresses on the palate as a classic Sauvignon Blanc with good acid and flavors that balance out well on the whole. It stands up well to greasy, fatty foods making it an easy pairing with lots of menus. I liked it so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment