Monday, October 17, 2005

House wine 2003 (PB)

This is a second review of the wine I reviewed back in June. This blend from Washington State is comprised of Cabernet Sauvignon (59%) Merlot (31%) Syrah (9%) and Cabernet Franc (1%) and is full of fresh baked bread on opening with loads of berry fruit. First taste on opening reveals a wine with big flavors of black berries and some spice but with tannins begging for a fight! This wine needs to be sent to the timeout chair for a while until it can learn to get along!

With an hour sitting out, there’s a layer of licorice and chocolate and the tannins are learning to get along but still a bit rowdy. This is a big wine and very aggressive–I like it.

With another hour or so to breathe, finally the tannins chill out but still have an attitude. This is a nice wine for the price of $10 I paid for it and it seems to be available widely. I’d find this wine and serve it up with plenty of air and a hearty meal!

I am impressed by the wines being produced by the "Magnificent Wine Company." Today I just picked up another rather pricey wine--$35--(for me) the "K Syrah, Milbrandt." I doubt I will be disappointed. Once you find a wine maker that just seems to get it right with anything they do, I find I am rarely lead astray. Stay tuned and we'll let you know! Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment