Monday, May 16, 2005

Simonsig Chenin Blanc 2003 (PB)

This South African from the Stellenbosch region is golden pale on the pour with fruit galore in the bouquet has a nose of pears, Apple, peaches and apricots with even a hint of nectarines and a definite texture and flavor of rich cream. It looks viscous in the glass and in the mouth has a nice texture with tart and slightly sour flavors with good acid. The flavors are a bit thinner than I would have expected but all in all they are sturdy and fairly wonderful. The finish is solid and rich. I served it a bit warm. Cooled down it is really nice. The Wine Enthusiast called this wine the best white wine value in the world. I’m not sure I would go that far but it is really nice. I recommend it. Now raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment