Tuesday, April 05, 2005

It's HERE! or Anticipation Makes the Palate Grow Fonder (billy)

Aaaahhhh. It has come. After having it sent to a sister in California and then having her beg, barrow, cajole, and convince the postmaster to allow it to come to me in the Midwest, my bottle of Viandante del Cielo Merlot 2002 has arrived. Does the name give you any hints as to why it is special?

This very special bottle of red will be put away until May 19, 2005.

I would hope that by now you can intuit why. However, for those of you who are yet uninitiated, another hint:
"Viandante del Cielo" is Italian for "Walker of the Skies"

How about this:
This wine comes from grapes grown on Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, CA.

That is right dear friends, THIS wine is as collaborative work between George Lucas, the genius behind Star Wars, and Francis Ford Coppola (who also made a movie or two) who's Niebaum-Coppola estates have been producing some delightful California wines for a while.

But why May 19, 2005 you ask? Why, that is the date that Star Wars Episode III, Revenge of the Sith, opens in theaters. I'll be there, in costume, and when I get back from the show, I'll celebrate the finale of the Star Wars cannon with this bottle. Who knows what it will yield. But, frankly, whatever comes out, it will be memorable and enjoyable. Until then, anticipation is sure to make my palate fonder.

I will be sure to share the results here. Until then,

May the Force be with You

No comments:

Post a Comment