Monday, January 31, 2005

Quick Swirl: Hedges CMS 2002 (NW)

Hedges CMS 2002:

Strong cherries on the nose
Berries and some pepper on the palate
Silky smooth, light finish

This is a wine I have been wanting to taste for a while. I like to look for interesting blends, and this delivers a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and a touch of Cabernet Franc from Washington state. While it is light, it is also delicious and versatile. My wife and I paired it with a rich, creamy chicken and dill potato dish. She didn't want white, and this did just fine.

I paid $13/bottle at a wine and cheese boutique in Florida and would do it again. I especially like its versatility and silky texture as a wine to pair with many dishes. I see Hedges from time to time and encourage you to pick one up- they specialize in blended varietals. Raise a glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment